Monday, February 13, 2012

DIY Cookie Stamp

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  I thought it would be fun to deliver some cookies to some friends, but let our kids do the cookie version of doorbell-ditching:  Leave the cookies on the porch, ring the doorbell, and run & not get caught.
I have this recipe for delicious ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES.  If you like almond flavoring, these are your kind of cookie.  The only problem--they are supposed to be rolled into a ball and then stamped, but I don't have a cookie stamp.  So I decided to make my own--and you can do it too!
All you need is a small piece of cardboard, a little tape, and some wax paper or plastic wrap.  Simply cut your shape out of the cardboard.  I did a heart.  Cut a piece of wax paper the same size.  Tape the wax paper to the shape, and then tape it to the bottom of a cup.  Here is your stamp.
Mix your dough.  Roll balls in sugar.  I added pink sprinkles to add to the Valentine feeling.
Stamp with your newly made stamp.
Bake and Enjoy!
Almond Butter Cookies
1 c. margarine
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 c. flour
1 tsp. Almond extract

Cream butter, sugar, & extract.  Add salt & flour.  Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.  Roll into 1" balls.  Roll in sugar.  Stamp.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  Makes 3 dozen cookies.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to stamp a heart in the middle - Love that! Stopping by from Oopsey Daisy.

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I can never get my cookies to cut right with a cookie cutter- but I could definitely do this! Thanks for linking up!!
    -Melissa
    PS- I have an award I'm passing on to you, keep a lookout for the post tomorrow (I still haven't finished writing it, I'm having more fun checking out everyone else's stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! This makes the possibilities endless! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DIY stamp is so clever! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete