Monday, October 24, 2011

And I'm Back...

Okay, I realize it's been FOREVER since I posted last.  Sorry.  The last two months have been a little (or a lot) crazy--including a big move from Colorado to Washington.
The good news is that I am finally feeling like I can breath again.  I had been feeling like I was underwater--SO much to do.  But things have slowed down now.  I am mostly unpacked and settled, the husband started his new job, kids are back in school, and now I feel like I can get back into crafting.

Here is a super easy craft for you.  Remember that cloche I made awhile ago?  Well, I have been debating what to put in it.  Then one day it hit me--a bouncy ball.  You know those bouncy balls you buy your kids for a quarter at Old Navy (am I the only one that does this?).  I have TONS.  I guess I have been to Old Navy kind of a lot.
 But of course, I couldn't just put in plain old bouncy balls.  No, but after about 10 minutes they were ready.
 Quite simple.  Only thing I used, JUTE, YARN, and SCISSORS.  Simple.  Start wrapping the ball in the yarn or jute.  I didn't even glue or anything.  Just wrap until you are happy with how it looks.  I didn't go in any particular pattern.  Once it is covered and looks okay, cut the yarn and tuck in somewhere.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  Oh--and thank your kids for letting you borrow a few of their balls.  Luckily, I don't think they'll be missed.
Hooray for being back to crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Angela
    www.the2muses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute anyway but under your cloche they look SUPER CUTE! Thanks for sharing that idea. I saw your post over at "Weekend Wrap up Party".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I wouldn't have thought they were made so simply! :)

    ReplyDelete